Five Year Strategic Plan
Goal: Make connections that will foster student success.
Desired Outcome: The East Rockaway School District will provide students with rich and challenging academic, extracurricular and service learning experiences by creating greater connections among students, families, alumni, community members and society.
- Enhance communication and outreach within the school community to the community at large through all means available.
- Develop mentoring opportunities that enhance students’ experience to improve their success in school and beyond.
- Promote social and emotional learning within a safe and supportive school climate.
- Increase family and community engagement, connection, ownership and partnership.
- Engage community stakeholders and foster active relationships with local and global partners.
Year-One Measuring Success – Connection
|| September 2016
- Creation of Programs
- –Mentoring program
- –Programs for social emotional learning
- –Possible development of summer/after school program
- Form relationships with Nassau Community College
- Increased Opportunities for Parent Communication
- Increased participation in parent forums, PTA, workshops and school events
- Form relationships with local realtors
- Leverage alumni for student opportunities
- Implementation of Middle School Advisory Program & Curriculum
- Collaboration with Rockville Centre Schools for wrestling program
- Trustee Kristin Ochtera elected to Nassau-Suffolk School Boards Executive Board
- Realtors’ Breakfast held in April 2016
- Student volunteers in community activities
- –Huckleberry Frolic
- –Kiwanis Events
- –K-Kids Operation Splash collaboration with Nassau County Parks and
- –Recreation and Nassau County Police Marine Unit
- Participation in LICEE – Long Island Consortium for Excellence and Equity – Best practices in increasing achievement and opportunity for all students.
- Professional Development Partnership for faculty with Lynbrook Teacher Center
- Community Connections
- –Prevention Task Force accomplishments
- –Elementary Community Read Aloud
- –Drug Abuse Prevention Forum
- –Inc. Village of ER Cultural Arts Council
- Partnership with Molloy College Rebecca Center College and career based opportunities for Middle and HS students
- Vocational Placements in our community based businesses Community Connections Thank You Luncheon
- Development of SEL integrated lessons aligned to DASA
- Parent Presentations
- –7 Million Minutes
- –Special Education Parent Group Workshops
- –Title I Elementary Literacy Workshop
- Collaboration with Nassau Community College
- –Administration of AcuPlacer
- –Student performance data on placement exams assisted students to understand results and guide their academic planning
- –Preparation for placement exams through course support (College Math/Intermediate Algebra) and advisement to access NCC online preparation materials.
- Students Attended College Summer Leadership Institutes
- –Mercy College Leadership Academy
- –Molloy Boot Camp
- Guidance Newsletter
- College Visits