Cross Country Team
Dear Varsity Cross Country Runners,
The Summer is upon us and it is time to relax and take a break from school, but remember that our season is just around the corner! This summer is the time to start to build your ‘base’ that will carry you throughout the season. With a little work and dedication your efforts will pay big dividends come October.
Our goal for the 2018 season is to have every runner achieve a personal record, to have our athletes earn all-division and all-conference honors, and to hopefully return to the NYS Championship Meet! We are working on the schedule and it is shaping up to be challenging. Please keep in mind that league meets are Monday through Thursday but certain invitational meets will take place on Fridays and Saturdays in October.
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- **First Practice is Wednesday, August 27th at the High School - time TBD.**
- Please remember that PRACTICE IS MANDATORY.
- You MUST have your physical and your Interval Health History Form completed before you can start practicing.
(All forms are available on the ERHS website under ‘athletics’)
- Physicals will be given (free of charge) on Wednesday June 13th, Wednesday August 15th, and Wednesday August 29th in the high school health office.
- Please return all paperwork to the health office by Friday, August 24th @ 12pm.
- You must have the ‘Off Campus Permission Slip’ signed by the 1st day of practice in order to run off campus!
We will send a proposed schedule for you to follow over the summer and have attached workout descriptions. It is important that you put effort into your summer workouts to avoid injury and overtraining once the season begins. Please stay close to its guidelines as it will help you prepare for the upcoming season. We will be available via email, or the ‘Remind’ app if you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy your Summer!