Five Year Strategic Plan
Goal: Provide an outstanding educational program for all students to succeed.
Desired Outcome: The East Rockaway School District will increase achievement of all students by creating an engaging and inclusive learning environment that successfully balances curriculum, expectations and pedagogy that reflect 21st century learning.
- Improve programs and curriculum to reflect a high standard of rigor that is supported by teacher professional learning that will result in higher expectations and levels of academic achievement and buy-in for all stakeholders.
- Continue to develop vertically and horizontally aligned K-12 curricula and rigorous academic programs that challenge students and prepare them for college and careers.
- Increase the percentage of students achieving at or above grade level in grades 3-8 in English Language Arts and mathematics.
- Research and implement vertically and horizontally aligned K-12 curricula to focus on science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) that provide opportunities for experiential learning that promotes student choice.
- Provide opportunities for family and school partnerships that will result in the advancement of student outcomes.
- Continue to design and evaluate pre-K-12 aligned curricula and rigorous academic programs in all content areas that challenge students and prepare them for college and careers.